Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

Can I take 3 advil and 2 tylenol at the same time

Customer Question

Can I take 3 advil and 2 tylenol at the same time?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
If you are talking about 200mg Advil tablets, and 325mg Tylenol tablets, it should be OK as long as you adhere to the manufacturer's guidelines on how often you can repeat a dose.

The precaution with the Advil concerns stomach upset and stomach ulcers.

The precaution with Tylenol is not to take more than 12 pills over 24 hours.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is advil liguid gel 200 (would be taking 3 tablets total) and Tylenol rapid release (2 tablets) both at the same time. Probably would not repeat the dose until the following day..if needed. I have a L5 S1 nerve pain. Just got ESI injection last week.. have pain flair from the injection...advil alone does not do much and tylenol alone does not do somewhere that they were effective together. Also, was prescribed the medrol dose pack and am very nervous about taking it, plus I am on vacation... so thought I would give the above a shot before I took the pack
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
The medrol dose pack is relatively safe; it will help reduce the inflammation of an inflammed nerve, so you may feel some relief with the dose pack.

Many of my patients take the combination of Advil and Tylenol together and they feel it does help more than either alone.