Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

i have had small bruises come up on my arms and legs on my

i have had small bruises come up on my arms and legs on my veins about 1 or 2 at a time. i dont take any aspirin or pain meds or blood thinner. i take 1/2 10 mg paxil morn and 1/2 0.5 klonopin morn and nite for 11 yrs for panic and anxiety. they aren't painful and i haven't hit them on anything.and are yellowish green. what could this be? i have had some tests come back pos for lyme but last one was neg. blood work is normal.i have degenerative disc disese, arthritis, mvp, genital herpes, tendonitis, i am 55 female and live in n e alabama.
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Justanswer for your question.

This indicates that there may be a problem with your blood coagulation. You might have low platelets, this could indicate a deficiency in vitamin C or K, it is a rare side effect of Klonipin, it could indicate a liver problem.

You said you have have a blood test. Did this include a coagulation profile and liver enzymes?

When a bruish is yellowish green, that means it is an old bruise. Bruises change color over time and one can actually estimate how old a bruise is by it's appearance and color.

If your blood work is normal, I agree with your doctor, not to worry about it. You are a little young to have fragile skin that bruises easily, but this is a possiblity.

I suggest that you increase my intake of fresh vegetables and fruits, especially fruits and leafy green vegetables because this is where you obtain vitamin C and vitamin K. If you are lacking in these nutrients it will make your skin bruise easier.

I hope this is helpful. If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to ask.

Take care,