Dr. Hanish Babu, MD
Dr. Hanish Babu, MD, Dermatologist
Experience:  MBBS; MD (Skin & Sexually Transmitted Diseases)

Can Retin - A Micro decrease brown spots (sun damage) on the

Can Retin - A Micro decrease brown spots (sun damage) on the scalp? I'm bald and would like to erase these spots.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Hanish Babu, MD replied 8 years ago.

Dear Gregg,

Retin A does help in reducing the sun damage known as solar elastosis. and actinic keratosis.

But before starting on a treatment regimen on your own, it would be wise to show the lesions to a dermatologist. Some of these lesions are easily removed with chemotherapy, cryo or electrocautery. Later on, using a sunscreen regularly will reduce the sun damages.

If you have difficulty in seeing a dermatologist, e mail a clear set of close up photoes of the lesions to me. I will help you choose the most suitable therapy for you.

Hopefully you have found this information helpful. If so, please remember to click the green ACCEPT button so that I may get credit for my work. Your taking the time to leave positive FEEDBACK would also be greatly appreciated. Of course, bonuses are the ultimate reward and considered very special indeed! Thank you.