Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

I have intermittent pain in my left side, just under belt line.

I have intermittent pain in my left side, just under belt line. Can you help diagnose this pain for me? Thanks, Ellen
Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.
-What sex are you? -How old are you? How long is the problem? How is your stool and urine? Do you have any other illness? Are you on any regular medication?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am an 88 year old female. I have had the problem for about a month. Getting worse now. Stools generally very good. Urine ok also. I have had many illnesses in the past but health very good right now except for this pain in left side. Medications are Prilosec for LPR Reflux and Warfarin for irregular heart beat, plus Cartia for blood pressure. Hope this helps you, doctor. Ellen
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have not found my answer yet? Please help
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

How long should I wait for my answer? The site says it has been sent to me but I did not receive it. Customer/p>

Sorry, due to internet problem it has been late.

Your both stool and urine is normal. Intermittent pain in the left lower abdomen may be due to either colic of the intestine or the urinary system. Without examination and investigation it is difficult to predict. You need to do a urine and stool analysis to find out the actual cause. Sometimes constipation may cause intestinal colic. Pain due to problem in the urinary system may be present without any abnormality in color or frequency of urine.
Please take plenty of fluid and vegetables, fruits, fibre containing food.
I would advise you to do the simple test to exclude any abnormality.

Hope this information will help you.
Wish your early recovery.
Any query , please ask.