A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I had a bad car wreck in 1993. I had to have surgery to ...

I had a bad car wreck in 1993. I had to have surgery to repair a crushed elbow. To this day i still have pain in that arm. Is this normal?
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Sometimes, no matter how skilled the surgeon, like Humpty Dumpty, it can't be put back together again the way it was before. Often that will result in some level of pain from that time on, or when the person reaches middle age and typically starts having arthritis problems. The important thing is to have it evaluated again now, since it's been 15 years. There are always new things coming out that might be able to help you.