Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

When i choke or cough hard my chest arms and back hurt. It ...

When i choke or cough hard my chest arms and back hurt. It feels like tons of pin pricks coming from the inside. What do you think this is? I have an appt on the 19th can I wait or shoukd I see my Dr. now? Thanks -Joy

I want to get some more detail information about your problem,

How long the problem is there ? Is there any sputum coming out with cough? Any fever?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It has been hurting when I cough for about a few weeks. No I don't cough anything up. The pain last for a few to ten mins after I cough but is not as intense. No diseases. I am currently taking 25 mg of trazaodne for deperession. Thanks!
Thank you for the information.

Your symptoms of dry cough and pain during coughing may be due to some infection.

Your chest should be examined by the doctor.

If he feels he may do a chest x-ray and blood examination to find out the cause.

Since the symptoms are continuing for few weeks, better get a check up earlier to initiate treatment if necessary.

I hope this information will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question. Thank you.