drkevinmd
drkevinmd, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Family Practice Physician by the American Board of Family Medicine
10353487

I have had loose and watery stools for about 3 weeks. It ...

I have had loose and watery stools for about 3 weeks. It started with a slight fever and acheness for about 2 days but that has gone away. It is usually in the mornings and not more than about two times a day. But in in evenings I usually feel gasy and full
Category: Health
Expert:  drkevinmd replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your question. You sound as if you are having peristent mild diarrhea for 3 weeks. Most harmless causes of diarrhea resolve before 7 to 10 days of symptoms so just the duration of loose stools means you may require some testing. Assuming you are not on any medications that would cause the symptoms you may need to see your doctor and request a stool test and some basic blood work to rule out intestinal infections such as certain bacteria or parasites.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to drkevinmd's Post: should i be concerned about cancer. This really came on suddenly
Expert:  drkevinmd replied 8 years ago.
No, I would not be concerned about cancer in this situation. The fact that it came on suddenly actually makes cancer much less likely.