Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315

times stuff that looks like intestines or like long rubbery skin

Customer Question

when going #2 in the bathroom, jelly like stuff comes out & some times stuff that looks like intestines or like long rubbery skin - what can that be?
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

It sounds like you have rectal prolapse which is a medical condition where the walls of the rectum collapse or detatch and protrude through the anus and therefore become visible. You need to be examined by the doctor right away. You can start with your general practitioner but you will need to see a gastrointestinal specialist is well.

This condition occurs from frequent constipation and straining, long term diarrhea, pregnancy and stresses from childbirth.

Terry

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
is rectal prolapse something i have to worry about - because this has been going on for years ??
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Rectal prolapse progresses over time and doesn't get better by itself. If you suffer from constipation then you need some stool softeners to make defecation easier. Sometimes surgery is necessary. You do need to be evaluated by a specialist as I mentioned earlier.

It is free to reply.

Terry

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i had another questions referring to rectal prolapse but i had to shut down my computer & go to work - can i still ask another question? if so, my question is:can rectal prolapse cause lower back pain & weakness & being tired alot?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i had asked another question this morning & it said i was in the waiting room & i never got any answer ??
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Rectal prolapse can cause lower back pain. As far as feeling weak and tired alot, I recommend that you make an appointment with your doctor to have a physical exam and blood work done. If you are anemic then you would feel tired alot and would need iron supplements. This would be determined from your blood tests.

Sincerely,

Terry