Dr. M. Lahkar
Dr. M. Lahkar, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD in Radiodiagnosis
5326904

my husband has a rash, what is it

Customer Question

Its little red spots on his back and front, no place else. It doesnt hurt or itch. There is one spot that is about the size of a quater that has been there for 2 weeks and was smaller at first. The rash showed up lastnight. And isnt any better today, We havent done anything different(food soap) some of the bumps are just raised up but still flesh color, others are red. about the size of a pimple. i would say there are at least 200 of them alltogether.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. M. Lahkar replied 8 years ago.
Hi, these pimple like red spots could be due to "impetigo", which are superficial bacterial infections of small breaks in the skin. At first the lesions will appear as tiny red bumps, the like pimples with scabs and ultimately break down into sores later.

Please consult a dermatologist for a clinical examination of the lesions for appropriate treatment.

I hope my answer is helpful to you. For accepting the answer, please press the " GREEN ACCEPT" button.
I would be highly obliged for a POSITIVE FEEDBACK and BONUS from you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
the bumps dont have any scabs on them and the one thats been there for 2 weeks isnt a score, its just a big flat red spot. im not sure if thats what it is.
Hi, sorry I was away from my computer for sometime.

Well, if there are no scabs or sores, then these are unlikely to be impetigo.

These could also be shingles rashes. But there will be some associated pain.

You need to see a dermatologist a.s.a.p.