A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
3157612

I have severe anxiety issues and am worried that I have a ...

Customer Question

I have severe anxiety issues and am worried that I have a brain tumor or am going to have a brain aneurism. Yedterday I had a real bad headache on both sides of my head and my head was like pulsating or jumping. Never had a headache like this before. Should I be worried about these conditions. My vision had also changed where it is kinda blurry like. I am really worried and don't kbow what to do. My ears also feel full and I need to keep popping them
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 6 years ago.

Welcome back and thanks for your question. The first thing to do it calm down. It sounds like you are working yourself up into a full-blown panic attack. There is no reason to be so concerned about a headache. You may have had a migraine, or the anxiety may have spiraled the amount of pain out of the ordinary. With vision changes and pulsating, it was probably a migraine which can have after-effects for a day or so.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Great to hear from you again. You seem to know the most. What I am really concerned about is since yesterday my cheeks right at the cheek bone on both sides feels like they are on fire, but my cheeks are not red at all. Also for about 4 hours I felt like I was drunk. I really don't know what to think about my face feeling so hot
I think it's probably just from the anxiety which can cause all kinds of weird physical symptoms. The ehadache probably scared you and everything got out of hand from there. There is also the possibility that the ear infection could be related to a sinus infection and that can cause some discomfort. Antibiotics that help the ears will also work on the sinuses.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Would this cause my face to feel like it is burning though? I just picked up the antibiotics from the pharmacy for my ear infection. Would this cause my face to feel hot or would it be anxiety because it is constant. Would any other disease or illness cause this? Should I be concerned?
I wouldn't be concerned about this. It is most likely the anxiety that is causing the feeling of burning since it is constant. I can't think of any disease that would caue facial burning without burning in other areas. Those types of problems are usually chronic and involve nerve damage from some underlying illness of long duration.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just don't know how to explain it. I feel like I have a sun burn, but I don't and when I touch my face it isn't hot. That is the weird part. I really felyt out of it today for about 5 hours. I am starting to feel normal again except for the face thing. I felt like I was in a different world....like I was high

Anxiety can cause some really strange symptoms. I'm glad you're feeling better now. You should be fine. Just don't worry about the burning feeling and it should go away in the next few hours as you become calmer. Remember to try to keep busy so you can focus outside of yourself.

A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience: Board Certified NP, MS, RN. Private practice & hospitalist
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But I had it yesterday and woke up with it today. Yesterday it would come and go and now it is constant and kinda feels like my face is asleep. This isn't a stroke is it? Doesn't your face go numb?

No, it isn't a stroke. With a stroke only one side is affected. You will often have eye drooping and one corner of the mouth drooping as well. It sounds as though your symptoms have escalated as your anxiety has increased.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That's what brings me to me thinking that I have a brain aneurism. The terrible headache and the face feeling hot/numb. I don't think this is a sign of anxiety. Could my face stay like this all day if it is anxiety? What about the brain aneurism since I had some off the wall symbols and the face being numb and feeling hot don't fall into anxiety symptoms and that could be why I have pressure in my ears

No, brain aneurysms don't cause any symptoms, and they are also fairly rare, and almost unheard of in your age group. Your face could stay like that all day from anxiety. Your doctor looked into your ears and saw that you have a reason for the pressure in your ears. It has nothing to do with a brain problem.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oh. When I looked it up, like most people with anxiety do (lol), it sayd there are symptoms: headache,
numbness, or weakness of one side of the face,
a dilated pupil, or
change in vision.

The pressure in my ears has been here for almost a month. That is odd. Am I being silly by wanting a CAT scan? What if this feeling in my face doesn't go away. I am a smoker...which I just quit but it says that smokers are more likely to get brain aneurisms

CAT scans are terribly expensive and I really don't see a need for one (I'm sure your insurance company wouldn't either). Small aneurysms are best left alone and ones that have grown huge are the ones that can cause symptoms, but they don't come out of nowhere. They start small and gradually get worse as they grow and put pressure on your brain structures. You do yourself no favors in dwelling on rare possibilities of a new symptom. Try to forget about it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Even though I have had headaches for frequently with like shooting sharp pains that feel like I have a band aroubnd my head. Wouldn't my insurance cover a CAT scan? I would rather know if I have one. I am just worried because of the numbness in my face.   That's not normal :(

Insurance will cover a CT scan if there is a medical reason for one. Your doctor would need to consider if there was a reason. Your doctor would probably send you off to a neurologist to see if those headaches were just migraines before ordering a CT scan.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am more concerned about the face thing. What in the world is going on! Have you ever head of this?

Yes, anxiety can produce all kinds of strange feelings from that of bugs crawling, pain, to numbness and burning. It should go away in a day or two.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. I will trust you. can anxiety cause tension like headaches too? and the feeling of being drunk?

Yes it can. The drunk feeling can also come from an ear infection, and tension headaches can come just from plain old tension. Everyone gets headaches, some more often than others.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess the anxiety causes me to think I have everything wrong with me. I guess I was just worried about the brain aneurism because of the headache, the hot feeling on face and the stiff neck. Hopefully this is not what is wrong with me. It just scares me because I am a female smoker (or was) and am on birth control pills which make my chances more high

Yes, people who have anxiety tend to think they have all kinds of ailments that don't cross the minds of people who don't have it. Quitting smoking is great for your health, and the negative effects of having smoked begin to improve the minute you quit. Quitting will have a very positive effect on your health from here on out.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Just to confirm my worries again, this face thing can be caused by anxiety? What if it doesn't go away? When I smile, that part of my fae feels real tight

Yes, the face thing can be caused by anxiety and it should go away in a day or two. If it doesn't go away by Monday you can see your doctor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. The funny thing I just thought of was that I was straining my face to chek the lymph nodes in my neck. COuld this of cause pulled muscles and that is why it feels hot ann numb?

That would be one explanation. An overuse injury can even cause pain in our facial muscles.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is it possible to have pulled muscles in the face? Would this cause burning and numbness?

It's possible, but unlikely. It's more likely they are just overused.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Overused from what though?
Constantly straining your face to check your neck.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
So that could cause the sensations I am feeling in my face now?

It's one possibility. The anxiety is another.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
will the Lorazapam and Amoxicillian have any interactions at all? I don't like taking anything else with that Lorazapam

Taking them together is just fine. There will be no interactions.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Nurse Schuyler, Do you think that I should go to the ER? I still feel like I am high, like I am in a fantasy world. This has been going on for 8 hours now. My head also feels a lot of pressure and my cheeks are still hot

No, I don't think you should go to the ER, but you obviously do. They will see you and send you home again.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I did go and with the symptoms I have they wanted to do a CT scan. It came back good. They cant figure out why I am still having this feeling of being high and the headache that woulnt go away. They just said extreme tension headache. They also looked at my ears and said they look good, but my ears still hurt and now I am nauseated. They said my symptoms are odd and they are stumped.

Does it occur to you that when numerous medical professionals, exams, and sophisticated tests find nothing that it is because there is nothing wrong to find? If there were any physical abnormality it would have shown up by now. I would suggest getting the anxiety under better control with your doctor who is prescribing the lorazepam (an awful drug, by the way) who should be prescribing something stronger and long-lasting so you don't have these panic attacks.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I actually just scheduled an appointment eith a psychiatrist so I can get on something better and long lasting. Woul it be possible that I have TSS since I ust started my period Thursday and then all the symptoms started quickly?
TSS would produce high fever, lethargy, sleepiness, and perhaps a rash. It often comes from not changing tampons as directed on the box. I'm so pleased to hear you are going to a psychiatrist since the lorazepam is not helping the way a good drug should.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am actually excited to go and get this all over with . It is so tiring. So I guess I shouldnt worry about TSS since my ody temp is actually low, but I am very tired

I wouldn't worry about TSS. Coming off a bad headache and a panic attack, and having our period) it is normal to feel tired. Try to have a good weekend and hopefully Monday will be better for you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi again. I accepted the answer, but am still worried about this feeling of me being in like a fo or high feeling. What should I do about this? I am also feeling slightly nauseated and I can handle that, but this feeling of being sedated is horrible. I don't now if I should increase my dose of medicine or what I should do because it wouln't go away. Can this be caused by anxiety even though it has been well over 24 hours?
Yes, anxiety is with you all the time until it is sufficiently treated (thank goodness you're seeing a psychiatrist soon). Some of the "high" feeling may be from the ears. I would just accept it and not worry about it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I feel horrible though and it don't go away.   have like brain fog and I feel clumsy like. I didn't know anxiety can cause brain fog. I just really feel out of it and I don't know what to do. Could the thing with my ears make me feel nauseated? What kind of infections of the ear leads to brain fog?

Any infection in the ear can lead to pressure on the nerves that translate to dizziness, vertigo, clumsiness, loss of balance, nausea, even blurry vision, etc. I usually tell patient to take Sudafed or another decongestant, but that can make you more anxious.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Why didn't the dr. at the ER see anything wrong with my ears then? If it is this bad, you would think they would see something

The infection is INSIDE the ear and may not show. Also, ER docs aren't known for doing the obvious things like looking for ear infections. They are tuned into caring for emergencies.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What should I do to find out if this is what is causing it? I don't want to feel like this anymore

I am going to opt out and let someone else help you since I don't really seem to have made a dent in your anxiety over the past couple of days.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Actually that's not true. You are the one of the smartest people I have come across. I guess it is just tough for me to realize that anxiety can cause me to feel like everything is surreal. The symptoms I am having are just overwelming and talking with you does make me feel a lot better. I am sorry if you feel like I am not listening to what you say, but I can assure you that I am but I am just scared

What you are saying is what I always hear. People just don't believe it, but it's true. Once you've come to terms with it, it isn't so scary. It's similar to a teenage girl who thinks a pimple is the end of the world. By the time you're in your 20s, it's "Ho, hum, a pimple. Big deal."

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I am glad that I am not the only one. I try to tell myself that it's just my anxiety but it just doesn't seem to be working. I have never been so scared in my life then with all these symptoms I have been having. It is just very worrisome because then I think something is wrong with me. I just did it earlier because a piece of my bathroom mirror is broken and I have been having a tooth ache, so I grabbed that piece and put it in my mouth so I could look in the other mirror and see my tooth. Then I was like Oh man what if that mirror is what made me sick because it had too many germs on it. Geez I wish I could quit with this...hopefully soon :)
I hope the psychiatrist will be able to put you on a much better medication, so you won't worry so much over things. At the end of the day, what will happen, will happen, and all the worrying in the world doesn't help.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That is a good way to look at it. I am only taking .25 twice a day of Lorazapam. I think I am going to take it 3 times a day until I can get on something better.

That sounds like a plan.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do yu happen to know if nausea can be caused by an inner ear infection? I have a dr. appt on thursday but I want to see an ENT so I can skip a step. I don't want to wait long because I heard that people go deaf from these infections if they aren't treated

I thought you were being treated for the ear infection with antibiotics so there is no need to be concerned about deafness. That is also a very rare occurrence. Nausea can come from ear infections, and is quite common, in fact.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just feel like I am sick. I feel like I am catching the flu and I am still out of it. Can my ears being messed up, cause these symptoms? I don't know what the symptoms are for an inner ear infection

You may be catching the flu, or it can be from an ear infection you already have. You know what the symptoms of an inner ear infection are - you're having them.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I wasn't sure ifr flu like feelings were a symptom of an ear infection. I have never had an ear infection before even when I was younger. Do you happen to know how long these symptoms can last?
They can last until the ear infection is cleared and the fluid is reabsorbed by the body. This can take 2-3 weeks or even more.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oh man. I don't think I can take eeling strange and out of it for that long. Thought it would clear up sooner :)
You'll muddle through. The symptoms decrease as time goes on.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Should I be concerened that I have this feeling of just not feeling well? I feel like I have a fever and my body is hot, but I don't have one when I take me temperature. I just don't feel well. Do people feel like this ehen they have an ear infection?
There is no reason to be concerned. People often feel unwell in various ways for various reasons. It's nothing to be worried about.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Could it be because of this ear think though. This all started at the same time on Friday. I felt out of it, nauseauted and just didn't feel well and it all came together. I actually spoke with my mom and she had this issue except for the feeling of not feeling well and she said it took a few weeks to go away, but I have had the ear pain already for about 3 weeks, just not these other symptoms until Friday

Yes, it can be from an ear infection. That can lead to all kinds of dizziness, nausea, etc. type discomfort. Glad your Mom is feelling better.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She got it from flying though...who knows where mine came from. The other thing I have been experiencing today is sweating. I have central air and I have been sweating

That happens when you have a minor infection somewhere. It can also come from increased epinephrine released because you are anxious. Anybody can get a viral infection from anywhere. An airplane is a great place because the air is so dry that it irritates your mucus membranes and makes a great place for germs to enter. However, anybody who ever comes in contact with people can get an infection.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is that how you get an ear infection also?

An ear infection usually comes from either a sinus infection or from a throat infection that ascends through the Eustacian tubes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I set up an appt. with an ENT but it isn't until the 16th. Hopefully I will feel better by then. Right now I don't feel like i have the fever, I just feel tired, hav a headache and out of it. I don't think I mentioned this to you before, but about 4 years ago , I went to my doctor or this weird kind of lump between my chest and belly button and I was told that it was a fatty tumor. Well recently I have started to feel like it was there. Like something is sitting there. Should I be concerened that this could be cancer. Would I have already had complications fronm this, if it was cancer? Can lipomas be annoying? What would they feel like?
Lipomas are benign fatty tumors that are harmless unless they are in an area that causes discomfort (like under a bra strap), then they can be annoying and can be removed surgically. Lipomas are not cancer. They are just soft lumps when you feel them. The something sitting in the area can also be from muscle spasm, or even gastric reflux.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well got an appt today to see my primary. Hopefully they can do something because I really don't know how much longer I can take this feeling of being sedated and drunk. It is inetuppting my life because it is so horrible. I am just wondering if it can be anything else besides my ears like my heart or other organs that can be causig this so called feeling

It's very highly unlikely it is anything of any importance that is causing your symptoms.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am so upset and mad right now. I went to the Dr. but had to see another doctor because mine was booked and she didn't even care what was going on. She kept asking me the same question over and over again...are you dizzy and I tried telling her my symptoms but she just kept ignoring me. She told me that my ear drum is pushed back and to take some nasal spray and I asked what I could do about the feeling of being on drugs and she said I don't have a magic bullet and walked out. She was so mean. I guess I should of waited to see my doctor because she didn't tell me squat. I am just so friggin mad right now because I know something isn't right. My throat has been hurting on and off too. Don't know why. Can I take nasilnex (sp?) with lorazapam and amox and levora? I am sick of all these meds! I wish this would go away!

Yipes. It's Monday - and usually the busiest day of the week in primary care, followed by Friday afternoons. She must have really been having a bad day. The nasal spray is fine to take with your other meds and should really help your symptoms. If she didn't explain how to use the spray, here are the instructions in a little video.

http://www.nasonex.com/nasx/application?namespace=main&event=content_display&event_input=howtouseflash

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am hoping that this helps the drugged up feeling and off balance feeling that I am having. What does a pushed back eardrum mean? Like i said she didn't tell me anything. Thank you for the video :)

Usually negative pressure behind the eardrum, such as from a blocked Eusatchia tube is what causes a retracted eardrum. The ValSalva maneuver can help equalize the pressure (Hold our breath and push as though having a bowel movement). This maneuver increases the pressure in the middle ear space behind the eardrum often resolving the problem temporarily.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She only saw this is the right ear though and both of my ears hurt. That is why I am wondering if it cold be something else and not my ears
This is something that very, very rarely occurs in one ear only, regardless of what she saw or didn't see. I know it doesn't feed into the anxiety, but it sounds like just a common cold, with the associated sinus and ear congestion and throat discomfort.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I believe that something is wrong with my ears but it has been going on for over a month now. That is the weird part and I haven't had a cold or anything. I guess I just want to make sure that there isn't something seriously wrong with me that I should be getting treated for

None of the tests, including the CT scan have shown anything serious.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Is it possible for me to have had a headache since Friday night? Like pressure squeazing my head on both sides?
Yes it is.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
What about the feeling of just not feeling good like feeling like I have a fever, but I don't

Of course it can. You have an infection, are taking an antibiotic. You won't feel good for a while.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am starting to feel a little bit better but I am concerned about my visiion changes...like seeing spots or speckles

Are you drinking plenty of water? Also, some people see "floaters" and they are nothing to be concerned about. At worst it would be a migraine.

http://www.allaboutvision.com/conditions/spotsfloats.htm

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Not really. I didn't know if it could be a detached retina since my vision is blurry too. The weird thing is all of a sudden a few hours ago, I felt horrible. Real nauseated, head foggy again, flu like symptoms. I just took the nasal spray and my head cleared up, but it gave me a headache and some of the nausea went away....what can this mean?

It means you are spending entirely too much time worrying about how you feel and analyzing every little twitch and twitter, imagining worst-case-scenario things that it "could" be. You have been checked out numerous times and nothing has been found except anxiety. You have a simple cold which you can call an upper respiratory infection, sinus congestion, ear pain, or whatever you like. It means you're gong to feel lousy for a couple of weeks and then you'll get over it. And that's the clue "get over it." Accept that people feel bad on occasion for various reasons, and you should expect to feel bad sometimes too. It doesn't mean you have a brain tumor, cancer, retinal detachment, leukemia, or some as yet unnamed fatal disease. It just means you have a cold in this case. You will get better in a couple of weeks, unless you worry yourself into an ulcer fretting about common everyday symptoms.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I guess I am worried because me personally has never had these symptoms before. I have had colds and this is not it. When I get sick and hve symptoms out of the ordinary for me....I worry. I usually get better in a couple of days...not weeks
Sinus and ear infections, because they are enclosed by bone, take a longer time to get better than other simple infections. There is no reason to worry about that though.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It was recomended that I take Claritin. Can I take this with the Lorazapam, Amox, Nasonex and Levora? That is a lot of things to be takig at once.

Yes you can Claritin. You may look for the Claritin-D formula which contains a decongestant as well as an antihistamine.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That has pseduphedrine in it, huh? I don't want to take that with the Lorazapam sice they are like opposites
It has a decongestant, but it is partially counteracted by the sedating effect of the antihistamine. If that still makes you uncomfortable, then Claritin is fine. My own favorite is cetirizine (Zyrtec) which recently went over-the-counter. I bought close to a year's supply of them at Costco for less than $20. Great for someone like me who takes them every day.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Will just a plain antihistimine work though without the decongestant? Am I going to feel more drunk because of the antihistimine?
An antihistamine will do what an antihistamine does which is reduce allergic response. It may make you sleepy. It will not decongest.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well went to the Dr. again. I am like a permanent fixture there. The nausea has just about gone away and I feel muchbetter except I still have that disoriented feeling which is the most bothersome. I was told that there is still fluid behind both ears, but my ear drums aren't red. Does an inner ear infection take longer to heal then a regular ear infection? Also, how often are you suppose to use Nasonex per day? I was told only use one spray a day....that doesn't seem like much

The dosage of Nasonex is one-two sprays in each nostril once per day. Be sure to use it correctly according to the video. Take your time so that it works best. It can take 2-3 weeks or even more (even 2-3 months) to completely clear an ear infection whether it is in the inner or middle ear. It is surrounded by bone which is difficult for antibiotics to penetrate.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Whew..glad you said that because I thought the first spray didn't work, so I took two and then I got all worried like I normally do almost into a panic attack. I went to take my blood pressure across the street and everything. My lowest was 109/70 and 78 for the heart or whatever....but I don't know what is normal for that because it doesn't say

Normal blood pressure is under 120/80 and heart rate is normally in the range of 60-80. Don't be upset if some of the blood pressure gauges in public places give very high or very low numbers. They are rarely ever right. There is an art to taking blood pressure. Heart rate will increase with exercise (and should) or when excited, scared, unusually happy, etc. We use heart rate to determine how hard we should work when exercising. For someone about 20-25, optimum exercise heart rate is between 115-145.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You know what I am wondering? If this high like feeling can be from anxiety. I uped my pills to .25 3 times a day, but maybe that isn't enough and my psych appt isnt until 8/19. I thought maybe it was from that because I also have like a rapid heart. Is brain fog a symptom of anxiety and can I have it for days all day long?
Just about anything can be a symptom of anxiety, including brain fog. But brain fog can also be a side effect of medications, so you don't know which came first, the chicken or the egg. Lorazepam is usually started at 2-3 mg per day in divided doses, with the largest dose taken at bedtime (to help get a good night's sleep).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
When I started getting the brain fog, the only thing I was on was thge Lorazapam and I have been on that for months so I know it wasn't that. What I don't know is if it is the ear infection or anxiety because it all started Friday before I took the Amoxicillian which I doubt would cause brain fog. I guess I am undermedicated if you are suppose to take 2-3 mgs of that a day. Hopefully by the time I go to the psychiatrist I will get rid of this ear infection. What is the purpose of a psychiatrist? IS it to get medicine to get better?
Yes, a psychiatrist is a medical doctor (trained like all other MDs) but with additional training in neuropsychiatric disorders. In most states only a psychiatrist can prescribe medications (not a psychologist, who specializes in talk therapy).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Well I made the mistake of smoking a few cigarettes last night at the bar and now my ears are all stuffy again. I didn't think it would do anything....boy was I wrong. I don't know what I should do :(
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I accepted the answer again so I didn't know if it was ok to still talk with you. I got a root canal yesterday and boy does this stink! I feel like I am nauseated and weird again. Can the novacaine cause that or would this be my anxiety again? I got the root canal yesterday around 5:30 and the novacaine lasted about 6 hours but before it wore off I was having like chest pains and felt like I couldn't get a deep breath. Right now I am havig that feeling and I feel like I have that dreaded brain fog again

Glad the root canal is over with. Some people do get some side effects from novocaine. I for one can count on a headache for several hours after the numbness starts wearing off. A couple of Tylenol takes care of it and I'm fine the next day. A little nausea wouldn't be out of the question for you. Chest pains and not being able to breathe are more likely from the anxiety though.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How are you today? I am so glad I have the psychiatrist appt on Tuesday. I just want all of these symptoms to go away and then I guess I will really know if it is anxiety. I guess I am always just worried about my heart and other things. I always wonder if the doctor's might of missed something when they were doing my tests because you hear about people having stress tests and then like a month later they have a heart attack so how an that happen?
I'm glad you're seeing the psychiatrist, too. Getting on a good drug will have you feeling a lot better once it is at steady state in your system. Heart attacks after stress tests are a very rare occurrence.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How long will it take to work? Am I allowed to be on Lorazapam while taking another drug? Do you think something would of shown up on one of tests if something was wrong? I have just been so stressed, I am worried that I am makig something wrong with myself

I think if there had been anything wrong with you, it would have shown up on one of your numerous tests or visits to the doctors or ER. Various drugs take differing lengths of time to show what their final impact is. Usually within about a month you have a good feel for what any individual drug is doing. Some begin work faster than others, and will allow the lorazepam to be stopped sooner.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You remember how I had that ear infection and they gave me axoxicillian? Well instead of taking 3 a day I was taking 2 a day so I was wondering if I am allowed to finish the medication even though it exceeds 10 days
Yes, you should always finish an antibiotic, but you really should also take it exactly as directed. It can be the difference between slapping at a mosquito and actually killing it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I was just taking so many things that it was hard to take it 3 times a day. I have the ENT appt. on Saturday so atleast he can figure out what I should do about the fullness in my ears. It had gotten a lot better since the antibiotics and me quittig smoking, but I still have a little bit of the swollen lymph nodes and the urgency to pop my ears. When I got my CT scan of my head does it just do the head or does it do the neck also?

What the scan checks is determined by what was ordered by the doctor.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I just wasnt sure since my ears are part of my head if they would of seen anything there
Yes, they would have seen your ears in a CT scan, but that doesn't necessarily mean they would have seen an infection.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
would they have seen any lumps?
Yes, any lumps would have been seen.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Even behind the ears?

If there were any lump or bump in your head they would see it.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are there bones behind the ears?
Yes there are. There are bones enclosing the entire head.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Sorry I don't been the ones directly behind the ear. Like an inch bellow the ear lobe because I feel a hard lump

It's the side/back of your skull you are feeling. You wouldn't know if anything was wrong from feeling it, so don't worry yourself about it. Let someone who knows what they're doing examine it on Saturday. I have to go out this afternoon, so I'm going to be away from the computer for a while.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. Enjoy your afternoon :)
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How was your afternoon? I actully get to leave work early today because it is my husband's birthday, but as usual I have my everyday anxiety. Today I have been seeing floaters and kinda feel cross eyed and I also am having chest pains. I just took Nasonex...I hope this isn't a reaction from this. Should I be concerned? Can I be assured that nothing is wrong with my heart? I am so worried because of the chest pains. I also feel like I can feel my heart beating. It is really weird and I am scared