DR MED MD
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD
8742629

I had a negative chlamydia urine test in May after my ex ...

I had a negative chlamydia urine test in May after my ex partner told me he had chlamydia. I was treated anyway with azithromycin after I took the test. Now 2 months later I have urinary symptoms only - no vaginal symptoms at all but a lot of urinary urgency although it doesnt hurt to pee. My urine diptest is negative. I have a new partner and I am worried he may have got chlamydia from me before I was treated and that my urine clamydia test was a false negative altho the lab told me it was a gold standard test and this was unlikely. What is the likelihood that I have clamydia now. I am worried and dont want to have to go thru all the testing again. Can you have a UTI that does not respond to triprim as I have just finished a course which has done nothing. Thanks
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to just answer,

Chlamydia is a bacterial infection of your genital tract that spreads easily through sexual contact.

Many people experience no signs and symptoms.

Chlamydia may be difficult to detect because early-stage infections often cause few or no signs and symptoms and usually start one to three weeks after you've been exposed to chlamydia.

Symptoms are Painful urination, Lower abdominal pain, Vaginal discharge in women,Painful sexual intercourse. Urgency is indicative that you have infection from chlamydia.

Usually Chlamydia respond well to treatment so chances of infection in you are very less.

If you really want to confirm you can go for A culture swab and urine test. I know you are not comfortable but this is the only way to prove you are 100 percent infection free.

Thanks
DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience: MD