MY_doc
MY_doc, Doctor
Experience:  6 years, research and clinical
11317695

It hurts to have bowel movements

i had a fissure and exterior hemorrhoid about month ago and after doing all recommended treatments they both healed. everything was fine for about a week and now its starting to hurt to have bowl movements from the beginning when it starts to travel out. i have a feeling i have an interior hemorrhoid and do not yet have my insurance cards and need home remedy suggestions while i wait to see a doctor. bowel movements usually happen slowly and hurts. i have an adult rash and to what feels like a rash inside also. when i wipe there is like a total amount of a drop of blood on the toilet paper and there are sensitive lumps on the outer part of the anus. im using preperation h ointment and wipes and drinking lots of liquids and eating a lot of fiber...tho it feels as softer poop does not help. does anyone have any suggestions?
Category: Health
Expert:  MY_doc replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

I would recommend you try a sitz bath. This is when the rectal area is placed within warm water for about 10 to 15 minutes two to three times a day. Sitz baths should be available at your local drugstore, and portable bowls are available as well. Don't use soap or bubble bath. Sitz baths work by improving blood flow and relaxing the internal anal sphincter which should minimize the pain you experience during a bowel movement.

Continue the liquids, wipes, oitment and high fiber diet until you have a chance to see your physician.

I hope you found this information helpful.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
does this sound like an interior hemmy?
Expert:  MY_doc replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

It is difficult to tell without being able to do a physical examination. Your physician should be able to provide you with a more acurate diagnosis.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it wont be any time soon that i can have an appointment...should i go to the emergency room right after i get my insurance cards?
Expert:  MY_doc replied 8 years ago.

If you notice that the measures you are taking along with the sitz baths are helping then yes.