Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years

I am getting married tomorrow and my cycle juststarted, is ...

I am getting married tomorrow and my cycle juststarted, is there something i can take to stop it?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

First of all congratulations for marriage. Unfortunately there is no medication available which can stop the period bleeding , once it has been started. If you have planned 4-5 days before expected date of periods, then medications are to be prescribed by doctor.

But as bleeding has been started , so at this stage, you can use softcups.This is body friendly and very safe. The Softcup can be worn during all types of physical activity .Also you can enjoy clean sex and your husband won't even feel it's there. So you can use softcup. All the best.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what are softcups and where can I purchase them?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Softcup are cups which hold at least twice as much menstrual fluid as a tampon.You can wear softcup for 1 complete day, and there is no need to change it. Also they are available as over the counter, you can purchase it without doctor prescription.

Read here