Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine

I am very worried. I missed about 5 days of Nifediac CC ...

I am very worried. I missed about 5 days of Nifediac CC 30mg. I had chest pain the other night and went to the emergency room. They did many tests, blood work etc. I was told that all was ok. They gave me an Iv because I had low sodium. Yesterday i awoke with blurry vision and I''m very afraid. Is that an effect of the missed doses? Ifso, what can I do to stop it? I can''t ask anyone else as my doctor would drop me if he knew.

Your blurry vision is not because of the Nifediac CC stoppage. A sudden stop may cause some cardiac problems and complications related to hypertension, but since all your investigations done in ER were normal and also you have restarted the medication, I think there should not be any issue related to its interruption now. If your blurry vision persists, you may consult your physician but it may also be related to the anxiety. Just relaxing should help you. The break in the medication does not cause effects which are persistent or linger on. It is good that no complications have ensued and with the recommencement of the medication, mistake is undone.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

Dr. Arun