Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years

I started yesterday morning about 3am getting this feeling ...

Customer Question

I started yesterday morning about 3am getting this feeling in my right foot like I need/want to stratch it (it itches) but it is inside, all of the stratching that I would do outside won''t reach it and it is driving me crazy today. Last night I took an allergy pill thinking that that may help and I put Lamisil on my foot last night and again this morning. What can I do to get this feeling to go away?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Berkowitz replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer I am so sorry to hear about your right foot and the itching. Before I can help you I need to know a little more about you. Do you have any medical conditions I need to know about, are you taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications? With respect to your right foot, has this ever happened before? How long did it last? Any changes in your life, like diet or exercise or where you live/sleep? Did you injure your foot somehow? Does it hurt to walk on your foot? Any other symptoms and have they gone away? Any rashes or discolorations on your foot? Did moving your foot/let make the scratching feel better/worse? Dr. Berkowitz