Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I think I have rectal prolapse. I got it before a few years ...

I think I have rectal prolapse. I got it before a few years ago, and the pain went after a few days, but its back again today and I think I should see a doctor. What should I do?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

Hello.

The symptoms associated with rectal prolapse are- reddish coloured mass coming through opening of the anus, especially following a bowel movement. Slight bleeding may also occur sometimes. Also the rectal mucosa must be returned to the rectum manually.

As you said, that in past also you had rectal prolapse, so it need to be manged now, For recurrent rectal prolapse, surgery should be adviced. My opinion is that you should see your doctor for management.

Please remember to ACCEPT my answer with green button. BONUS given will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok, is there anything I can do to stop the pain, or should I just see a doctor straight away?
Expert:  Dr. Josh replied 8 years ago.

As you already tried manually , to push it back, so at this stage , you should see doctor immediately. You will be managed by doctor.