MY_doc, Doctor
Experience:  6 years, research and clinical

I am a 72 year old male in good physical shape and have ...

I am a 72 year old male in good physical shape and have been experiencing severe pains in my breast area. I have had mamograms and seen several doctors but none can explain why i have this discomfort. i often sleep on my stomach and thought that this could be the reason. I take hytrin or Terazanon for an enlarged prostrate. i mention this because my wife said that she has heard of a medicine that has side affects that cause sore breasts.
Category: Health
Expert:  MY_doc replied 8 years ago.

In reviewing the prescribing information for Hytrin (terazosin) does state chest pain (not heart related), muscle pain, joint pain and some others. It is possible that the pain you are experiencing could be due to the medication.

I would recommend that you speak to your physician and determine if you can try another medication for your enlarged prostate.

I hope this was helpful.