Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience

It varies from extreme to dull

I have been having pain in my lower right side on & off since 9 am Thurs. morning. It varies from extreme to dull. When extreme it lasts about 1/2 to 1 hour then dulls out. II have also felt it dull in my lower back. Now I am feeling a slight burning feeling down my right leg. Is this something life threatening, should I go to the ER or can I wait to see a DR. during office hours tomorrow? Thanks

The pain is most probably due to kidney disease. It may be the infection or stone in the urinary system.
The other more probable and important cause of pain in the right lower part of the abdomen is the appendicitis which is always an emergency.
To exclude the possibility of appendicitis you have to be checked by doctor and need investigation.
I would suggest you to go to ER for confirmation of the diagnosis.

Wish your early recovery.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Could this be a cyst on my ovary on this side? Is there a point that is too low for it to be appendics? If it is related to the kidney would I feel it in my lower back?
Pain in the lower back along with radiation in the leg is most likely due to renal or kidney and urinary tract origin.
Yes there can be right sided cyst of ovary or inflammation of the fallopian tube, ovary.
Physical examination and investigations can rule out the other causes.