Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

I am wondering what causes bright redness down the

I am wondering what causes bright redness down the centre of my face? My nose and chin are often very red, but not my cheeks.Thanks

I want to get some more detail information about your problem,

How long the problem is there ? Is there any thickening or spots ?

Do you have any other disease?

Do you take any medicine?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Hi

No, I do not have thickening or spots where the redness is. Am not sure of exactly how long I have had this problem, but guessing about 5 or 6 yrs. I take Fluxotine ( for stress/anxiety), and apart from a back problem, and shoulder injury, have no other health problems. The pores on my nose are slightly bigger than on the rest of my face. Not sure if this is normal or connected to this problem. Thanks
Thank you for the information.

Only a few condition can be related to your condition. It may be due to some allergy or due to rosacea or rhinophyma.

The rhinophyma usually causes thickening of nose along with the redness. As you are not having any thickening there it is difficult to comment on the cause .

You need to consult a dermatologist to reach the diagnosis of your condition as visual impression is necessary here.

You can see the picture of rhinophyma in this link. You can click on the picture to enlarge it.

Thank you.