Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
9324755

I started with noticing lumps under my armpit. A few weeks ...

Customer Question

I started with noticing lumps under my armpit. A few weeks later lumps appeared on the back of my neck one in particular is giving me headaches, seldom dizziness, and quite of bit of swelling and numbness. I went to the doctor and they took a chest x-ray and a blood test. The chest x-ray came back fine and they said the CDC levels in my blood test were normal. The next day I got another lump this time on my groin. Is this just an infection of the lymph nodes? or could it be lymphoma? Should I have more tests run?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 8 years ago.

Greetings.

The enlargement of lymph nodes may be due to infection, tumor, drugs reactions etc.

Each group has a long list.

Infection may be bacterial, viral or fungal, protozoa etc.

Among tumors besides lymphoma, there are many other tumors can cause lymph node enlargement.

Proper medical history both past and present illness, thorough physical examination along with stepwise investigations are needed to come to conclusion.

You should contact an experienced Internist who can throw some light and guide you in the definitive way.

Though your previous reports are normal, you need repeat tests along with others according to the examination findings.

Hope your early relief.
Regards.
Dr. SS