Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  U.S. Physician/Surgeon in Neurosurgery

My doctors office is in Virgina i am in ohio

I am leaving on vacation tomorrow and my child threw my vyvanse in the toilet. My doctors office is in Virgina i am in ohio. I have scripts for the next two months. If i goto the emergency room will a doctor write me a script. I am going to north carolina on vacation and it is a small island. I would probly have a two hour round trip do you think they would write me one to save me time?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
I would not think so, since losing this drug, which is an amphetamine for ADHD, would not be considered an "emergency" and the ER doctors would rather not take on the liability of prescribing a medication that should be prescribed and monitored by your primary care physician.

You may have better luck calling your primary care physician to call in a temporary prescription or another one to a local pharmacy for you.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Problem is I don't have a primary physician I only see my shrink in virgina beach. I am screwed right?
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 8 years ago.
Yes, your psychiatrist will likely be the only one that will refill this medication for you. You may want to give his office a call to see if they can help.