MasterDoc
MasterDoc, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Physician for 20 years
3119816

40 year old male. recently had unprotected anal sex. i ...

Customer Question

40 year old male. recently had unprotected anal sex. i was giving not receiving. 3 weeks have passed. i have pain at the tip of my penis when urinating. have had gonorreha and chlamydia in the past. no puss this time. been taking doxicyline for a couple days. no improvement. been taking amoxicylin for a couple of days. no improvement. can''t afford to go to the doctor. no insurance.
Category: Health
Expert:  MasterDoc replied 8 years ago.

With anal sex there are bacteria other than chlamydia and gonorrhea that can infect the penis. A urine culture might show which germ it is and then an appropriate antibiotic could be prescribed. It might involve a germ to kill intestinal bacteria. I'm not sure what to advise about your lack of insurance. Keep in mind, however, that if untreated a bacterial infection could settle into your prostate and you could wind up with a chronic prostatitis with symptoms for the rest of your life.

Please click ACCEPT.

Feel free to ask a follow-up question.