Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315

it ok for me to do it at my age i weight 190 pound my high is 5 4

Hi My name is XXXXX XXXXX am 20 and i'' am looking forward to doing a Liposuction i will like to know if it ok for me to do it at my age i weight 190 pound my high is 5" 4 and i will like to know where can i find a good doctor for this and does Medicaid pay for this or i need to pay for it. thank you
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

Lipo can be done at your age. Call any of the local hospitals in New York and ask for a physician referral. At your age I would highly recommend diet and exercise. If you need help with diet then you can see a nutrtionist who will work closely with you on menus that are appropriate. Avoid sweets and high sugar foods, eat more fresh fish and eat carbs in moderation. Drink plenty of water as this is a key factor in losing weight. Start a light exercise program of walking a couple days per week and increase distance as tolerated. Join a gym or visit a 'Y' in your area.

Sincerely,

Terry

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: for the nutritionist i could tell my doctor to give me a referral or i could just call my clinic and make an appointment
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

Absolutely! I would try that route first, either way. If you do have the lipo you will still want to be very careful with your wight and proper nutrition will be your key to that.

Good Luck!

Terry