DR MED MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MD

Im taking Lisinop/hctz 20-12.5tab for high blood

I''m taking Lisinop/hctz 20-12.5tab for high blood pressure,the other day I noticed a tingling in both arms and hands. Could this medication have somthing to do with this? I have just been on this medication for 3 weeks. Last week end I did quite alot of building on my deck. I''m a truck driver so I don''t get exercise like that often.I don''t know if that might of had somthing to do with it.
Category: Health
Expert:  DR MED MD replied 8 years ago.

Welcome to just answer,

These symptoms does not seems to be due to medication.

For detailed side effects you can visit :

All these symptoms can be due to degenerative disc disease involving cervical spine or Cervical spondylosis.Other less likley possibly of injury to shoulder joint.

In this there is disc compressing nerve roots and spinal cord along with bony projection ( Bony projection is known as osteophyte or Bone spurs,it occur as result of degenerative process)

You need to do an MRI to see the extent of involvement and degree of nerve compression.

Treatment option are pain killers like tab celebrax , physiotherapy and traction, surgery. Surgery is required if symptoms are severe and not relieved by medication and physiotherapy.

Wearing a cervical collar , avoid watching TV for longer duration , sleeping on flat surface, avoid driving also help along with other treatment option mentioned above.

Please visit your doctor an orthopedic surgeon if possible for investigations and prescription of medication.

For more details please visit:\