drknowsbest, Doctor
Experience:  DO board certified family practitioner spec. in womens health

I have been suffering with a grumbly stomach every so often ...

I have been suffering with a grumbly stomach every so often over the last few weeks. It feels like there is a lot of wind inside me. It also feels like i need to go to the toilet but when i try not much feaces comes out. i have also noticed that i am getting a bit of anal discharge, that seems yellow brown and full of bubbles. Can you help?
Hello Customer!
The excess gas you speak of is causing the grumbling and is also what is a result of the irritation to the linging of the intestine you see as mucus in the stool. This can be the result of an infection, inflammation like colitis, irritable bowel syndrome, or malabsorption syndrome. If this has never occurred before and you have no abdominal pain less likely colitis. Infectious is possible but less likely without diarrhea. If no fever, abdominal pains, recent travel or diarrhea, try this...
lactose free diet except yogurt with cultures
an over the counter digestive supplement like acidophilis
8 8oz glasses of water per day
increase your dietary fiber to 25-30g / day
If there is still no change I would see your dr at that point for further testing to rule out the above.
Hope this helps
good luck!