Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Ive had Diarrhoea for a week off and on i took

I''ve had Diarrhoea for a week off and on i took some meds to stop the diarrhoea which seemed to be working but yeasterday my stomach was painfull so i went to the doc and she gave me some meds. They seem to have helped my stomach but brought my diarrhoea back again i''m wondering if i should take some of the meds that stoped the diarrhoea in the first place or maybe that is the point to flush the system...
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

By analyzing your history it appeared that yesterday your doctor has given the pain reliever spasfon-lyoc phloroglucinol and antacid gaviscon.

The pain medicine reduces the frequency of stool also by decreasing the spasm.

Diareze diarrhoea relief is able to control the bowel frequency, but it not the treatment of diarrhea. It is better not to take more of it.

As the frequency has increased, you need to examine the stool to find out the cause of diarrhea and definitive treatment.

Treatment will be according to the finding of the stool examination and other clinical examination by the doctor.

I hope this information will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
so your saying i should go back to the doc so they can give me something for the diarrhoea. because i think it should have been getting better not worse
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Yes, the cause of week long diarrhea should be treated.

Diareze diarrhoea relief can hold the bowel movement, but when you stopped it, again it started.

So, I feel treatment should be according to the cause of the disease.

Thank you.