Nurse Mandy
Nurse Mandy, Nurse
Experience:  LPN since 2000. Experience in Orthopedics, Dermatology, Cardiology & Ear Nose and Throat

I think I tore, or pulled the muscle in my arm, the ...

Customer Question

I think I tore, or pulled the muscle in my arm, the one from the bicep to the underside of my arm. Should I see a doctor?
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Mandy replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer my name is Mandy. Thank you for using Just Answer. I am a nurse that works in Orthopaedics with the physicians that work with the Tennessee Titans and Nashville Predators.

Yes, I suggest you see a doctor. If you have a biceps tendon tear or a severe muscle tear you may need surgery to fix this. If your symptoms are just minor, they can splint and treat with medications. Muscle/tendon injuries can be very difficult to get over if not appropriatley treated. The least thing they can do is get you on a prescription strenght anit-inflammatory medication. Also, rest the arm as much as possible. Ice the area 20 minutes at a time 4-5 x's a day. This can also help with pain/swelling.

Good luck and speedy recovery!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
I'm told to put ice on this injury but if I do I get a charley horse that is really bad. I don't have any pain unless I try to straighten out the arm. Then it feels like a lot of needles shot in the arm