Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

What could be causing a order in vigina that is unusally ...

What could be causing a order in vigina that is unusally smelling ? It has been different for about 3 months. Some heavy discharge at times. Could it be something that could have been contacted from another sexual partner and me given it to my girl friend
Category: Health
Expert:  Nurse Milli, RN replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer and thank you for using JA!

Foul smelling discharge from the vagina could be a condition called bacterial vaginosis.

Not much is known about how women get BV. There are many unanswered questions about the role that harmful bacteria play in causing BV. Any woman can get BV. However, some activities or behaviors can upset the normal balance of bacteria in the vagina and put women at increased risk including:

• Having a new sex partner or multiple sex partners,
  • Douching

It is not clear what role sexual activity plays in the development of BV. Women do not get BV from toilet seats, bedding, swimming pools, or from touching objects around them. Women who have never had sexual intercourse may also be affected.

Hope this helps! Please click ACCEPT if I have answered your question(s) today, if I have not or you need more info, please ask.