DoogleNK
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
7632001

start to take my new pills now or do i have to wait a few days

could you advise me about. i am on 20mg cipralex for depression my doctor as now give 60 mg of cymbalta duloxetine can i start to take my new pills now or do i have to wait a few days for my other pills to come out of my system? thanks lesley manchester
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
Cipralex & cymbalta bothe increase levels of serotonin in body. When taken together, these drugs can precipitate serotonin syndrome ( due to excess serotonin in body). So, the combined intake is usually avoided. However, a doctor may decide to use the two drgs together under supervision, if he considers it necessary. You need to speak to your doctor about the risk of serotonin syndrome & the prescription.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
______________________________________________________________________
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to DoogleNK's Post: sorry i did not say i am coming of the cipralex i just need to know if i can now take cymbalta now i ve been of my cipralex for 2 days thank you
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
You can take cymbalta now as you are not currently on cipralex.