Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315

i have been to the doc 4-5 times and been given allergy ...

Customer Question

i have been to the doc 4-5 times and been given allergy meds for this reoccuring ear prob this first occurred approx3 yaers ago during a flu shot (chicken virus of some kind u prob remember this ) first i tasted the anti virus drainng within min of shot any way i know anti biotics will not kill avirus but the last couple times i tried with leftover dental pills the problem got progressivly better but not gone well its back and my ear is starting to feel itcy on the insideand some times pain (mild ear ach)or sharp pain.also afected my vision which also gets better with meds . the other poss is i got a tic or other bug in my ear also now starting to affect my glands next to my tonsils all on rght side can u help reg docs dont have answer
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 6 years ago.

Hello Mark,

What allergy medication did the doctor give you initially? Did mes. help to resolve the problem?

When you received the flu shot in your arm, you tasted the vaccine in your mouth?

When did the doctor most recently examine your ear and what did he find?

Is your throat red or inflammed or sore?

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX await your reply.

Terry

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: claritin and afrin and other simular types they had as give aways helped w/congestion only last time was prob.1 year ago i gave up trying to explain to doc that where not listening or over worked also no inflamatin or rednes if u remember my statement the anti biotics helped like pushing hands together and one of them over several monthes got stronger as in infectin more virus less does that make since i took the anti biotics for 1week then 2 months lateer 1more week not cont.
Expert:  Terry replied 6 years ago.

Yes, I understand what you are saying. First, claritin and afrin will help to relieve the fluid that might collect in your ear. When you take antibiotics for a few days and then stop taking them, that is of no use You must take a full dosage as prescribed by the doctor and they are usually taken for 7-10 days depending on the type of infection. I think you are expressing that the doctor said that you have a viral infection in your ear and therefore did not prescribe antibiotics for you. You need to go to an ear specialist for examination and treatment because you don't want to lose your hearing to an infection. THis must be treated.

Sincerely,

Terry

Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience: Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ok tnx i have a visit to a primary to be refured to a specialist next month i have taken 7;10 days of cipro or clymidicine or something like that butun satisfied with the return any way tnx agn
Expert:  Terry replied 6 years ago.

Hello Mark,

I hope all will be well with you!

Thank you and keep me updated.

It is free to reply.

Sincerely,

Terry