DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD

I am on Cyclessa birth control pill it is my first time

I am on Cyclessa birth control pill it is my first time take it i am. Midway through finishing my pack i started my period i have been bleeding for 1 week and 4 days now and the bleeding does not seem to be decreasing it this normal? how long it is going to last
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
In the first 3 months of cyclessa use, there can be irregular vaginal bleeding ( this may be spotting or heavy breakthrough bleeding). This is probably related to lower doses of hormones as compared to other pills.
This bleeding usually doesnot last longer than a week. As you bleeding has continued longer than a week, you should consult your gynecologist for evaluation. Prolonged bleeding may cause anemia & increased chances of infection. Continue taking your pills in the meanwhile.
For more information, please read this

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.