DoogleNK
DoogleNK, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
7632001

IM TAKING WELBUTRIN 300 ML, AND EFFEXOR 70

I''M 47 YEARS OLD. I''M TAKING WELBUTRIN 300 ML, AND EFFEXOR 70 ML. FOR 18 MONHS. SICE THEN I HAVE NO SEXUAL DESIER. MY HUSBAND AND ME TRY VERY HARD TO GET ORGAZM, BUT NO SECCESS. MY INTIMATE LIFE IS MISRABLE, IS THERE SOMTHIG I CAN DO TO MAKE MY LIFE BETTER? IS THERE SOMETHING INSTADE OF THOSE MEDICATIONSPLEASE HELP ME?
Category: Health
Expert:  DoogleNK replied 8 years ago.
Hello NB 123456,

Loss of sex drive is a known side effect of antidepressants. Wellbutrin is one of the antidepressants that causes least affection of sex drive.

If the lack of sex drive has been persistent for more than a few week, you need to consult your doctor for modification of prescription. The treatment may include--

• wait & watch ( as in many cases the sexual side effects improve over time) or
  • reducing dose of drugsor
  • replacing with antidepressants with less sexual side effects like selgiline patch, nefazodone, mirtazapine or adding certain drugs like buspirone or cyproheptadine or
  • a drug holiday approach or
  • adding ginkgo extract to the presciption
Please note that you should not modify your drg intake without consulting a doctor.

For more information, please read this.

Kindly press ACCEPT if your question has been answered. FEEDBACK is always appreciated.
______________________________________________________________________
Please note that the information provided is not a substitute to medical advice.