Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315

i lost my voice last week went to the dr. she gave me a ...

i lost my voice last week went to the dr. she gave me a steroid shot and told me not to talk for 24 hrs plus amoxicillin 500 mg 3 times a day also veramyst and symbicort it has been a week now and my voice hasnt come back only about 1/4 of the way plus i am having headaches and tried any ideas i am a 53 year old women
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

You should be much better at this point, with the medications that you have been taking. I recommend that you talk to your primary doctor and get a referral to a throat specialist to be examined for any tumors that could be interfering with your vocal cords. Usually infection causes the loss of voice and antibiotics help clear it up and then your voice returns.

Terry