Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling

I have been experiencing a racey heart and feel like I am ...

I have been experiencing a racey heart and feel like I am having an asthma attack in the midmornings for the past 3 weeks and just had my blood pressure taken it is the highest it has ever been 130/78 my normal is 110/60
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

With any cardiac symptom, I must refer you to see your doctor for exam and evaluation. Your symptoms could be related to anxiety in which case you must review your stressful situations and try to avoid them. I am wondering if you have a history of asthma or if you just feel breathless when your heart races. A normal blood pressure is 120/80 and can increase with age. Your reading is not high, however if it continues to elevate then it must be checked by the doctor. I do not see anything to worry about at this time.