Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling

hello my left side of my upper body feels tight/ ...

hello my left side of my upper body feels tight/ discomfort. Its along the edge of my rib cage. If I press the edge of my rib cage it hurts, and if I been over the same area feels discomfort, and hurts a little bit. This just started a few days ago. Yet about two years ago I could feel my intestines on that same side for several days, after I accidently swallowed a long turkey bone.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

If the issue with the turkey bone has been resolved, then this pain is probably unrelated. If the pain is actually from your ribs then this is probably from a bruise that you do not recall doing. It can take 2 weeks to feel better. You can apply a heating pad and take tylenol for the pain. If the pain is actually from under the ribs on that side than you would have to be examined by the doctor so that he can pinpoint the exact origin of your pain, as your spleen is in that same area.