Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
4079050

her about getting a job, she said that she cant work

my sister is not sleeping and is always talking to herself, said that she is hearing voices. She has not work in about two years and will not leave the house. When the question is put to her about getting a job, she said that she can''t work.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.
Hello

Hearing voices and talking to self, unable to sleep,not working are the few symptoms which do require a detailed Psychiatric evaluation,because in some cases they indicate a severe Psychiatric illness

In my view you should consult with a Psychiatrist near you about her symptoms.

Regards
---------------------
Press "ACCEPT" if your question has been answered,so that I can be paid for it!
Positive Feedback is always appreciated.
Please ask any follow up question freely.
If you are not satisfied with the answer,please do not click ACCEPT button and tell me so that I can REQUEST other experts here to answer it..
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Experience: M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I have talk with people in the medical feild over the last couple of years regarding this matter. They told me to have her come into see them, but if she dose not think that there's anything wrong. I don't have a car and they don't make house calls, and my family will not help. Because they don't want her to hate them later on down the road.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 6 years ago.

Hi

They must have told this because,she may be needing a detailed Mental status examination regarding her symptoms.Only then some one can reach to a conclusion.

MedlinePlus Medical Encyclopedia: Hallucinations

What you can try is to discuss with her about hearing voices and try to find what she feel about these voices, give some time to her,don't argue that it is not possible,once she is ready to discuss about it,you can ask her for evaluation.

In the mean while also try to involve your family,explain them about the benefit of getting her evaluated,and probably they will help you in this.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes.

Best regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Dr V's Post: I have talk with her regarding this matter, she dose not believe that she help. Dosen't want to be depending on drugs for the rest of her life. As far as she see all she needs is for someone to take care of her. She believe that the family is obligated financially to her be because of all the time that she has help them.