Terry
Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling
5185315

I have developed small bumps on the skin between my belly ...

I have developed small bumps on the skin between my belly button and my penis. I have had them for about 5 days. They do not hurt and are not irritating. At first I thought they must be ingrown hairs. They are not filled with puss or fluid. They range in size from 1/32 to 1/16 of an inch in size. When removed they bleed badly. What do you think they are and what would you advise I do about them.

Without examination it is difficult to be exact. This could be a fungus infection which is common on that area of the body because it tends to be moist and warm, and the infection grows in that type of environment. Keeping that area clean and dry and applying topical antifungal medications are usually sufficient to treat the problem. After treating it, if it does not clear up within two weeks you will have to see the doctor for prescription medication. You can try over the counter medication first, such as Lamisil AT, Miconazole or Lotrimin AF. If no improvement then you may need an oral prescription. Keep area clean and dry, apply meds., wear loose cotton underwear because it won't retain moisture. Please do not pick or squeeze them, as it can spread. Keep your hands washed well.

Sincerely,

Terry

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the information. Hopefully this is what it is and not some sort of hpv.

Thanks! Here is some info about HPV, it does not match your symptoms described. Good luck!.

"Genital warts usually appear as small bumps or groups of bumps, usually in the genital area. They can be raised or flat, single or multiple, small or large, and sometimes cauliflower shaped. They can appear on the vulva, in or around the vagina or anus, on the cervix, and on the penis, scrotum, groin, or thigh. Warts may appear within weeks or months after sexual contact with an infected person. Or, they may not appear at all. If left untreated, genital warts may go away, remain unchanged, or increase in size or number. They will not turn into cancer."

http://www.cdc.gov/STD/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

Terry