Susan Ivy
Susan Ivy, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  BSN, MSN, CNS

I get dizzy and light headed when I bend over, then my head ...

I get dizzy and light headed when I bend over, then my head will hurt for the rest of the day. Do you think there is a problem or I''m I just not eating as well as I should?
Category: Health
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Justanswer for your concern.

This would more likely indicate low fluid intake, rather than be related to food.

If you have any other symptoms or illnesses let me know and we could narrow it down further.

Also, let me verify exactly what you mean by dizziness because it can mean different things to different people, and there actually is one true meaning.

Vertigo is a feeling of the room moving or spinning and even a feeling of floating

Balance difficulty is a difficulty staying balanced with falls sometimes happening

Weakness is self explanatory

True dizziness is a lightheadedness or the feeling you are about to faint. Because you used both of those words, this is probably what you mean.

True dizziness can be caused by ear conditions, brain conditions, cardiovascular problems, anemia, and hypoglycemia.

Since you don't report other symptoms, I will explain the problem of dehydration (which fits under cardiovascular).

If you have dehydration you would likely be thirsty, have a dry mouth or tongue, fatigue, and darker than usual urine.

If tend to drink things like sodas and coffee instead of water, you can still become dehydrated due to the caffeine (a diuretic) and salt in those drinks.

Let me know what you think and if you have other symptoms. I can show you a list of other possibilities if this does not fit.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I don't think it is a lack of liquids. My urine is always a very light yellow, I drink alot of diffrent drinks through the day. The only other problem I seam to have is a sore inside my nose that I have had for over a year now witch I have always assumed had to do with a tooth that I need to have capped and is a little tender. The light headedness and dizzyness is when I bend over or get up to fast and I feel like I could fall if I don't stop and wait for the feeling to pass. I do get a bit of blackness where I can't see for a few seconds. When I stop and wait a few seconds it passes, but I end up with a headache
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 8 years ago.

There are many many things that your symptoms could indicate. A thyroid problem or anemia are also possibilities. You might be more likely to have slower healing with these problems and this could explain the sore in your nose. Have you had sinus problems or dryness from the heater in your home that might have contributed to this ulcer in your nose?

Basically with symptoms such as this we will not be able to diagnose you without you going in for lab work and exam. You will need to have CBC and thyroid studies to start with.

If you have additional thoughts don't hesitate to reply.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No I have never had any sinus problems, I usually heal very quickley and never get sick. I do have a high antibody count that I have had for years. It runs about 1 to 625. Doctors in the past has said that I may have Lupus but I have never been diagnosed with it. I could see it being a anemia problem, is there something I can add to my diet to help this?
Expert:  Susan Ivy replied 8 years ago.

Well it will help to find out what is causing the anemia, because it could be low iron, or it could be low folic acid, and there are other causes as well. So either taking individual or a multivitamin would be good. Iron is in red meats, liver, raisens, spinich, folic acid --- I'd have to look that one up, sorry. But here is a link to information about anemia which may help you to figure out what is causing yours:

Also, here is a multiple symptom checker. I've put in dizziness and headache, but you can add more symptoms too. Don't let it overwhelm you though, because it lists so many things:

I will be away from the computer for awhile now, but back later if you need to discuss this further.