Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Twenty years experience in active private practice
1725470

I have dizziness headache nausea fatigue upset stomach. Why?

Customer Question

I've been having headaches, dizziness, fatigue, upset stomach (varying between feeling nauseous and cramping), and a slight sore throat for the past four days. This morning I wake up to all these symptoms plus a sharp pain in the right side of my chest, centralized right under the breast. I just had a baby three weeks ago and one week ago my partner tested positive for chlamydia. Could any of this be a factor, or am I looking at completely different possible causes?

Category: Health
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, MD replied 8 years ago.

Chlamydia does not cause the symptoms you are suffering from. It is usually symptomless.

Your symptoms are probably a result of a viral infection - infection of the upper respiratory tract can cause dizziness, headache, fatigue and sore throat. A viral infection of the gut can cause stomach upset.

Please take the following steps for the upper respiratory tract infection:

- Gargle with hot, saline water - mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.

- Steam inhalation - Take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water. You can put a towel over your head as you inhale for quicker relief.

- Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily. Squeeze a wedge of lemon in a glass of warm water and mix 1 pinch of salt and 1 tablespoonful of sugar for taste. You can increase the amount of water and sugar if you find the lemon too sour to taste

- Suck on hard sweets or candy - the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.

- Take Motrin tablets (500 mg twice daily for 5 days).

- Take an antacid to help decrease any gastric acidity and decrease nausea. If you develop diarrhea, you can take Immodium tablets.

If the problems persists after 7 days, please consult an ENT specialist.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more input.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

The information is very helpful. Thank You!

You are welcome. Hope you recover soon.