Lani, BSN, RN
Lani, BSN, RN, Nurse
Experience:  A Registered Nurse for 19 years.

Should I get a tattoo to cover a corn on my baby toe ...

Customer Question

Should I get a tattoo to cover a corn on my baby toe without have the surgery to remove the corn?
Category: Health
Expert:  Lani, BSN, RN replied 8 years ago.

If such corn you have dose not cause pain, it is not practical to resort to surgery. Chances are, the corn will come up again after some time and besides removing it surgically can possibly cause discomforts and trigger to some problems such as infection. If you feel, you really does not like how it looks, then you can have it tattoed. Be sure it is done appropriately ansd be sure you don't have any contraindication in getting the tattoo. Tatto however will not be permanent.

But in case it is causing pain and trouble, then surgical removal will be appropriate.