Dr. Eric
Dr. Eric, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  9 years of experience as board certified internist, pediatrician. Specialize in Adolescent Medicine.

freckles appeared on penis

I have just noticed a collection of freckles on my penis, there are about 10 of them and they are smooth, flat and not raised. They are light brown, but my penis has not been exposed to much direct sunlight so I am wondering if I should be worried?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Eric replied 8 years ago.

Are these new, or is it possible that you have had them before, and never noticed them? Can you describe where on your penis that they are?

Also, do you have freckles elsewhere on your body? Do you have any other health problems? Do you take any medications or use other drugs?

Let me know the answers to these questions, and I will give you my best possible advice.

Dr. Eric
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
they are on the base of my penis on the top until about half way to the tip. and it is possible that I haven't noticed them before. I am fair complected and have freckles on my arms. I don't have other health problems, and I don't take other medications other than a recent round of antibiotics and some allergy medication including an inhaler.
Expert:  Dr. Eric replied 8 years ago.
Freckles will get worse with sunlight, but some people (especially fair skinned folks) will get them in other places as well. Some conditions cause axillary (armpit) freckling and you see them in the groin area as well, but these are uncommon.

I would make a note of them (ie: how large they are and how many) and see someone if they are raised, irregularly colored, or changing, otherwise I would probably bring it up next time you go in to see a health care provider for another reason and have them check just to make sure they agree that they are normal. Most likely they are nothing to be concerned about.

Let me know if you have additional questions.

Dr. Eric