Victoria
Victoria, Chiropractor
Experience:  25 years overall experience in health care from hospital-based intensive care to private practice
9768737

I have not been able to poop for 1 wwek I have had back ...

Customer Question

I have not been able to poop for 1 wwek I have had back pain that moved to my stomach and burning in my stomach sweats and joint pain thoughout my body as well as fatigue.
Category: Health
Expert:  Victoria replied 8 years ago.
Hello Christy,

Have you had a fever at all? Where is the pain in your back and does it feel like it radiates around to the front of your abdomen vs goes "through" the abdominal cavity? Do you have any other known health problems?

Thanks for your patience in answering these additional questions.

vj
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Victoria's Post: cold sweats i seemed to move from the back to my stomach burning in the stomach and pain in the back

No other health problems
Expert:  Victoria replied 8 years ago.
Hello again,

Moderate to severe back pain can cause "cold sweats and the gut to "shut down" and produce severe constipation. Any organ that shares the same neural network with the same spinal level can results in visceral symptoms. However, the reverse can also occur, where visceral inflammation can refer pain to the back and it can be difficult to tell where the pain is originating. Further complicating the picture is the fact you report feeling joint pain all over which implies not a localized process, but a systemic one. Given these circumstances, I think it would be wise to go see your doctor or go to an urgent care clinic for some blood tests to look for the cause of the problem and rule in or out infection. It is also possible that you have an autoimmune related disease in which the body mistakes some part of itself for a foreign invader. Other possibilities include an ulcer, disc herniation, kidney problem, ovarian or uterine pathology and the list goes on. Without being able to examine you, it is difficult to know which diagnosis is best supported.

Hopefully you have found this information helpful. If so, please remember to click the green accept button so that I may get credit for my work. Your taking the time to leave positive feedback would also be greatly appreciated. Of course, bonuses are the ultimate reward and considered very special indeed! Thank you.

Warmest regards,

vj