Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling

It appears that i have small amount of old vag bloody ...

It appears that i have small amount of old vag bloody discharge. It started to appear three weeks after my last period. Can this be a sign of abnormality with the cervix or pre-menopausal? I do not have pain or abdomenal cramping. I have not been sexually active in over a year.
Category: Health
Expert:  Terry replied 8 years ago.

Depending on the number of days in your menstrual cycle, you may have been ovulating and the bloody discharge could be hormonally related. If the discharge is heavy and continuous then you should visit the gynecologist for consulation. Although you are a little young for menopause, you could be premenopausal, but again the gynecologist can run some blood tests to determine this.