Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling

remember it the next day..i woke up and she was in my bed and i didnt

I have a 10month old daughter and when she wakes up in the middle of the night, I dont remember it the next day..i woke up and she was in my bed and i didnt even remember putting her in there..i was just wondering why im not remembering anything at night.

First, is it possible that someone else is waking up and bringing her into the bed with you? Does she wake during the night to eat? Is she bottle fed or breast feeding? If she is waking nightly, you are probably so tired, and automatically responding to her voice, picking her up, and bringing her in your bed so that you can sleep. This is not very unusual. Parents become so in tune to their child's voice that they respond automatically without thinking sometime. Is she walking yet?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
she is not walking just yet and everyone in my house claims they are not putting her in bed with me, she wakes up for one 4ounce bottle but most the time she just wants to be held..i dont even hear her in the morning anymore i have been waking up to my mother holding her im scared to sleep because i dont know if im going to hear her or if i will accidentally put her in bed with me and something might happen..i used to sleepwalk years ago when i was a child..someone said it could be a depression or hormone thing??
please let me know..its only been happening for a few weeks now i tried more sleep but it just makes me want more and more.

I do not think that you are losing memory. Many mothers automatically respond to their child's call to them, automatically. You are probably in your deepest part of sleep when she fusses and you go get her to comfort her and put her in your bed and continue sleeping. Is her bottle in your bed when you wake up? If you are able to establish the time that she wakes each night, then you can set your alarm just prior to that time, so you will train yourself to get up. She must be a very good girl, since she sleeps quietly beside you and doesn't wake you up. Children love that closeness and it has probably become a habit by now. If she was walking and was going around the house while you slept, I would be concerned. I think you are very tired, as new mothers can be. Make sure you are eating a good healthy diet and drinking water. I would not be worried about this, especially if your energy level is good during your wakeful hours, however you can discuss with your doctor or the pediatrician to get some their thoughts.

Enjoy your little one!