Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  Wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.

my husband is having severe night sweats and chills but no ...

my husband is having severe night sweats and chills but no fever what could this mean?
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 8 years ago.

Since when is he having the night sweats and chills?

Do they occur during the day too? is he perfectly healthy during the day?

Does he have sore throat or cough or sinusitis? Any body ache?

Has he felt better after taking the Nyquil?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
having them since july 4 they dont cccur alot in the day but the chills are in the day he has body aches first night after taking nyquil he felt better but the sweats came back that morning he is having sweats in the day too no sore throat

This sounds like he is setting up for a viral infection like flu. Sometimes viral infections can occur even without a sore throat or other symptoms of a respiratory tract infection.

Normally a viral infection should subside by itself in about 7 days. Please continue to give him the Nyquil - you can give him a Nyquil every 6 hours, meaning 4 times a day. If the Nyquil cannot keep the chills and fever within control for the next 2 days, please consult a doctor.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you need more input. If not, please click on the green"Accept" button on this page. A positive rating and adding a bonus will be warmly appreciated.