How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Vikas Your Own Question
Dr. Vikas
Dr. Vikas, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 2253
Experience:  M.B.B.S ; M.D (Psychiatry and Deaddiction), MS. Health Informatics
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Vikas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive had chronic mouth pain for 5 1/2 years.

Resolved Question:

I''ve had chronic mouth pain for 5 1/2 years. This is apparently nerve pain. What type of doctor would I want to see to get good medication guidance?
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 8 years ago.
Hello mam

What is the exact location of your pain?

Pain got any relationship with hot or cold food/liquid?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
gum area above 4 front teeth and 4 bottom front teeth, plus the gum area incisor tooth top and bottom on the right side. Burning Mouth Syndrome is closest thing I've ever seen in writing but doctors say it is not BMS Most say permanent nerve damage.

Hot and cold anything do make it hurt more.

The pain increases as the day goes by.

I use ambien and neurontin to sleep.
Expert:  Dr. Vikas replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for the information

Regarding your question -What type of doctor would I want to see to get good medication guidance?

I wonder have you ever been seen by a dentist.In my view his opinion will be very useful in your case!

If you have already done so,please tell me about the diagnosis he has made?

Best regards

Press "ACCEPT" if your question has been answered.
Positive Feedback is always appreciated.
Please ask any follow up question freely.
If you are not satisfied with the answer,please do not click ACCEPT button and tell me so that I can REQUEST other experts here to answer it..
Dr. Vikas and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you