Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience

Taking sucralfate and nexium for gastritis. Experiencing ...

Taking sucralfate and nexium for gastritis. Experiencing nausea. Is it advisable to take pheneragan to reduce the nausea or stop taking the sucralfate (which I believe is the cause fo the nausea)? I have been on the sucralfate and nexium for 7 days and scheduled to take them both for 7 more days.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

Sucralfate can cause nausea, you may continue with sucralfate till you discuss it with your doctor.

If you take sucralfate 1 hour before food, you may change its schedule to 2 hours after food when there may be less nauseating feeling.

Phenergan does not have any interaction with Sucralfate, you may try it.

If your symptoms persist, you should discuss it with your treating physician for the side effect you are having, then he may switch over to other medication if he feels necessary.

I hope this will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question. Thank you.