Terry, Nurse, RN, BSN
Experience:  Adult/ Respiratory/ Neonatal ICU, Pediatric/Adolescent Care, Geriatrics, Patient/Parent Counseling

this is my third effort . i have to look good by august 8 ...

this is my third effort . i have to look good by august 8 as mother of the groom. however my nose at its rounded end has two points you can feel under the skin . these produce 5 or more " blisters" of clear liquid-- under the skin. pushing a nail into one, it leaves a crust from the liquid, i guess. and there seems to be entire strings of raised trails areas across the nose area - like a long extended blister- no liquid or little.   liquid pressure and pain .if i break one w/nail, then clear liquidis out , reducing the pressureized pain for a minute then refills for a couple days. then stops for a day. My nose has crust from the bumps /liquid?and no makeup can cover crusts UGH 3years dermatologists said this is rosacia and i took lots of antibiotics and creams. result? just the two spots now producing bumps w/liquid. even fungicide worked for two weeks but nothing longer. 1.what to do befor 8th ? Would plastic surgery or lazers that cut these bump producing harder spots out?

Hello Merry,

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. Rosacea is chronic and not all causes are known, which makes it difficult to treat. You should keep a journal of what seems to cause a flare up, so that you can avoid that. In the meantime, with one month before the wedding, I would get on oral and topical antibiotics as a quick emergency measure. I also strongly recommend that you consult with an expert at the healthfood store / natural market for new and natural treatments for you. You want to reduce the inflammation and the breakout. Do not rub or touch your skin to much, do not use products that contain alcohol, use products that are labeled noncomedogenic. These won't clog your (pores) as much.

When you wear makeup, consider using green- or yellow-tinted pre-foundation creams and powders, because they're designed to counter skin redness.

A good dermatologist should be able to advise you on an emergency treatment to have your skin look its best for the wedding. The truth is that this is a long term condition and you are looking for the best emergency measure.

You don't want to try anything too new and unfamiliar because you don't want any surprisingly unwanted effects. Look at the website below for more info on treatments and also surgical intervention is mentioned. I do not recommend it for you at this time because you only want to do things that are guaranteed to have a positive affect.

" Many over-the-counter skin care products contain ingredients such as acids, alcohol and other irritants, that may actually worsen rosacea."

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Terry's Post: there is no way i can be certain i am locating a GOOD dermatologist. i have seen two and if office compleses mean anything ( i guess they dont) these were the worlds best or at least most impressive .

i am new here. there is no oe to ask. i slpent two or three years and its worse . so how would you find a GOOD dermatologist who is a researcher and more intelligent and multi faceted than the so all knowing idiots i have spent a bunch of dollars on as i look worse.
How to find a good dermatologist-what would you do really if you had to find a good one?????

Hi Merry,

I hear you loud and clear. First of all, where are you located?

Thanks, Terry

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Cary North Carolina- which is not far from Raleigh/Durham. thank you for caring.!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
how would you locate a truly GOOD up to the challenge deermatologist if you were new in this raleigh durhanm NC area

i dont have time to experiment like i have been. im looking for the best and one who is multifaceted and more iinto learning thru a lot of experience and research .

do any plastic surgeons understand dermatology-- not likely?(i know lazer folks are dematology savy )

the on line reply said you did reply but i dont see a reply ill hit accept i guess, hope i dont loose you-- no accept is not where your answer is . you dont have an answer yet? thats ok , its just that the computer said you did , i think . im able to wait for an hour then how do i get back to you .

also are there any question answerers there who specialize in dermatology . im glad to pay you , i just want to persue it further AND HAVE A NAME TO CONTACT IF POSSIBLE.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
WILL IT HELP IF I AM HAPPY TO CONTRIBUTE 15 DOLLARS more MORE for your research of this area for a good GOOD dermatologist. i need a small miracle ,--tho i have a big nose, ha hah(kind of)
merry to nurse terry

I sent you one answer and one info request, Let me know if you received one of each. I just want to be sure that you received them.

I hope you are getting this info, please let me know!

Below is a list phone numbers. Call the office and be very specific about what you want. If they can't help you, then call another.

I found the info below interesting and I think you should call them for a physician referral.

Many of your questions will be answered on one of the other pages of this web site. However, if after reviewing the extensive information on these pages, you are unable to find the answer to your questions concerning Rosacea-Ltd III, please contact us directly by email. We will answer your questions as soon as possible, usually within one business day. You may also call us toll free at 1-877-942-2838 within the United States and outside of the United States at 1-919-942-7735.

I am also fond of contacting teaching universities fo referrals, such ase Duke University and Chapel Hill

Good Luck and please keep me posted!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Terry.
I did finally get the information and will persue all of it and let you know how it goes. Maybe we will discover something together.

Again-- is there anyone in your organization who specializes in dermatology(or emphsizes it?)
Im very happy with your input, but i never get donje researching ( im a teacher)

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

did i do what i am supposed to do for you to get paid? id not, email me [email protected]

You absolutely did do the right thing and I thank you very much!

Keep me posted. It is free to reply.

You are a beautiful person!