Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  35 years of experience
8227957

that shoots across the uterus..large uterine fibroid tumor..ultrasound

I have the following symptoms: weight loss 13 lbs since June 7 or 8th, have had bouts of diarhea and constipation over the last 3 1/2 weeks, lower abdominal pain, that shoots across the uterus, and concentrates on either side. I have a large uterine fibroid tumor. Had an ultrasound June 25th. It is degenerating, shrinking and does not appear to be the source of pain. I am eating less, due to the pain afterwards. Have eaten healthy though - salmon, brown rice, oatmeal, eggs, pumpernickle bread, V8 juice, watermelon, cantalope, to mention a few things in the diet.Had a catscan June 21 and they found lymph nodes on the uterus and the lungs. They have ruled out what they initially thought was uterine cancer. I am supposed to be getting an appointment at the XXXXX XXXXX Centre (Cancer) soon to check out the lungs, however have no symptoms that would indicate that. The blood work came back fine.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.

I want to get some more detail information about your problem-

How many times do you pass stool / day?

Is it watery?

Have you checked the thyroid status?

Any colonoscopy ? Biopsy of node done?

Waiting for your reply.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: Hi,

Since I have been on T3's, I have been passing stool zero to one times per day. The stool is still soft, but not watery, or bouts of explosion like before. Prior to June 21, it ranged from constipated hard stool to days of diarhea.

Thyroid stauts has not been chacked, although Dr. XXXXX XXXXX said that when I turned my neck he could feel a bump there. I have been checked for thyroid before and have never been treated for it. There is some history in my family, maternal grandmother who had thyroid problems.

No colonoscopy done yet, not biopsy.

One other thing, mu girlfriend was researching these symptoms and came across "Dumping Syndrome". Just thought I would let you know that too.
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Thank you for the information.

A loss of weight of 13 lbs within a short period is matter of concern.

You have been checked by cat scan or ultrasound studies , which did not show much.

A colonoscopy is necessary to investigate the cause of altered bowel habit.

Though dumping syndrome is associated with rapid intestinal passage of food matter it usually follows after operation of stomach to reduce weight.

You can read about it in this site.

In addition a thyroid study should be taken , as you are having family history.

In thyroid hormone excess there is also frequent loose stool & weight loss.

As planned , do the investigations of lung too, the cause of lymph node enlargement there should be searched for.

I hope this will help. Please press the ACCEPT button if I answered your question. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Dr.D. Saha's Post: Can I ask one more question? Sorry for not including it earlier. My Dr. had asked if I was in contact with any toxins, and at the time I responded "no". Since then I realized I had my hair colored Thurs June 19 and admitted my self to Emerg June 21. Could the toxins from the hair die, have anything to do with the enlarged lymph nodes/nodules on the lung and uterus??
Expert:  Dr. Saha replied 8 years ago.
Though you were admitted with toxic effect of hair dye , I think it is not responsible for the enlargement of lymph glands in the lungs or uterus.

Because of toxic substance applied to scalp , the lymph nodes to be affected first is those of the neck or other adjacent regions.

Thank you.