Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

what could cause pain during sex

No Comment Added

Hi

What is your age & sex?

Are you taking any medication?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to doctor_charles's Post: i'm 21 and female and taking only the contraceptive pill - usually microgynon, but due to being abroad have to take a pill called yasmin for the last month.

One more question:

Is the pain felt during sex is deep or its superficial?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
superficial i guess, the word to describe it best is uncomfortable i guess, its just a bit like having sex for the first time, every time.
This superficial pain or discomfort can be due to may reasons:vaginismus(a spasm of the vaginal muscles, caused mainly by fear of being hurt),lack of lubrication,vaginal dryness,vaginal infections,vulvitis(inflammation of the vulva (the opening to the vagina),vulvodynia.Lack of lubrication mostly causes superficial pain durng sex

You need pelvic examination & other tests to know the exact cause.So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then take the treatment.

Hope my answer had helped you